Turn Up Your Tea Game With Saffron Tea: Best Recipe and Tips to Create the Perfect Cup
There is nothing like a cup of hot Saffron tea to lift your mood any time of the day. Saffron tea is a refreshing beverage that is loaded with nutritional properties. It offers soothing and calming effects, ideal for those battling busy work days and stress.
Saffron tea is easy to make, and the best thing about this tea is that you can create multiple variations with simple tweaks.
Health Benefits of Saffron Tea
Here are some of the many health benefits of regularly consuming saffron tea:
Helps Reduce Anxiety and Depression
Saffron tea has been found to have an instant calming and mood-boosting effect on the drinker. Saffron offers antidepressant effects similar to fluoxetine, making it an ideal natural alternative.
Improves Heart Health
Saffron contains multiple chemical components that help reduce blood pressure and enhance heart health. An animal study found that saffron reduces blood pressure, triglyceride, and cholesterol levels. A human study also found that saffron may reduce the potential damage to tissues caused by bad cholesterol.
Saffron has two significant chemicals, crocetin and crocin, that have been found to improve memory and learning functions. An animal study showed improvement in memory issues due to saffron, indicating that saffron might have the power to treat conditions like Parkinson's and Alzheimer's effectively.
Choices of Saffron Tea
Saffron Cardamom Exotic ChaiView Price
Saffron Kashmiri Kahwa Loose Leaf Green TeaView Price
Saffron Cardamom Exotic Chai India's Authentic....View Price
Easy Saffron Tea Recipe
You can easily make delicious tea using authentic saffron tea leaves. Here are some must-try recipes:
Saffron Tea without Milk
- Water – ½ liter
- Sugar or honey – 1 tbsp
- Saffron leaves – 1 tsp
- Ginger – 1 tsp
- Lemon wedges or slices – 2
- Cinnamon stick – 1
- Mint leaves – as needed
- Start by heating water in a kettle or pan
- Bring it to a boil and add mint leaves, ginger, cinnamon, sugar or honey, lemon slice, and saffron tea leaves
- Let the mixture simmer for at least five minutes
- Strain and add a lemon slice
- Top with mint leaves and serve hot
Saffron Tea with Milk
- Milk – 1 ½ cups
- Water – 1 cup
- Saffron leaves – 1 tsp
- Honey or sugar – 2 tsp
- Start by bringing water to a boil in a kettle
- Add in the saffron leaves, take the kettle off the stove, and steep for at least five minutes
- Stir in the sugar or honey until completely dissolved
- Strain and pour into a cup
- Add in warm milk and mix
- Enjoy hot!
Tips and Variations to Make Perfect Saffron Tea
Here are some tips and variations to enjoy saffron tea:
- Add in a little bit of orange juice instead of a lemon slice to change the taste
- Use maple syrup or any sweetener instead of honey to add a twist to the tea
- Add in some cinnamon, turmeric powder, or rose petals to boost flavor